About WBC Muaythai Australia
WBC Muaythai is commissioned under the jurisdiction of the World Boxing Council (WBC) as a non-profit organization to regulate, control and supervise professional Muay Thai events and their respective jurisdictions worldwide. The organization also adheres to the standard rules and regulations for all Muay Thai competition as approved by the Board of Boxing Sport (Office of Professional Sports) Sports Authority of Thailand.
WBC Muaythai Australia is an integral part of the WBC Muaythai Asia Pacific Federation an International zone under the WBC Muaythai.
WBC Muaythai Australia is the governing authority of Muay Thai in Australia responsible for the sanctioning of Muay Thai events, champions and titles in all weight divisions from State to National status right the way through to Asia Pacific, International and World Titles.
WBC Muaythai Australia aims at working with local communities in all states highlighting the positive aspects of the age old art and the diverse life skills, positive ethics and principles that are associate with the sport. WBC Muaythai has its own Constitution and Rules and Regulations, aiming to promote the sport as an acclaimed fighting art, and foster Muay Thai championships in all weight divisions with the highest levels of professional competition, gain greater popularity, recognition and professional status and evolve into becoming the world’s premier fighting art.
WBC Muaythai Australia exists to:
- Manage the national competition to ensure it is the most successful national elite sports competition for the benefit of our key stakeholders – WBC Muaythai clubs, athletes and the public.
- Promote high levels of athlete participation in well-managed programs down to a grassroots level.
- Promote public interest in Muay Thai by building the strongest competition brand position in Australian sport.
- Improve Muay Thai rules and regulations for the education, safety, health and welfare of all athletes and the community.
- Attract and develop the most talented athletes and sports administrators.
Foster good citizenship to all, both in and out of the competition arena.
The WBC Muaythai international delegates
Pol. General Kovid Bhakdibhumi
WBC Muaythai President, WBC Vice President,
Asian Boxing Council President
Ring Officials Chairman
WBC Muaythai Australia delegates
WBC Muaythai Australia Chairman,
Asia Pacific Federation
WBC Muaythai Australia, WBC Ring Officials Chairman